Our Vision and Aims
Our School Vision and Aims are based on the outcomes of the Every Child Matters agenda and promote the developing of skills and attitudes needed to become successful adults in the 21st century.
We also recognise the need to prepare our children for life in a rapidly changing world, where an understanding and tolerance of other people is so necessary.
- Develop an outstanding school of choice that will be a recognised example of success for others in the City of Derby, with strong partnerships within education and across the wider community
- Educate children to become health-conscious adults who make reasoned, informed choices, enjoying good physical and mental health
- Ensure the safety and well being of all members of the school community and develop an ethos of caring and collective responsibility for every individual
- Achieve very high standards across the curriculum, through learning that is enjoyable and relevant, helping every child realise their full potential
- Encourage children to take advantage of opportunities and be active participants in their education and the local community, developing self-confidence and promoting positive behaviour
- Develop a love of learning, equipping the children with the skills needed for life and raising the aspirations of the pupils in the school
- Enrich the experiences of our pupils, to enable them to live their lives harmoniously in a multi-cultural and inclusive environment, with a respect for diversity